Surprise Attack Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
24 February, 2014
Oscura, the apprentice lighthouse keeper, has accidentally destroyed the Aurora Stone, sending shards across the Driftlands and plunging them into darkness and danger. It’s now up to Oscura to find the shards of the stone and restore light to the Driftlands before the creatures of the dark can destroy it. Fortunately, the accident has fused Oscura’s hand with glowing fire, enabling him to wield powers altering anything the light touches. Each level challenges your puzzle-solving skills and reactions in this modern adventure built upon the time-honoured mechanics of classic platformers. Oscura: Lost Light is the prequel to the previous two titles in the franchise, the Webby Award winning Oscura and Oscura: Second Shadow.
Chocolate Liberation Front - Developer: Headquartered in Melbourne Australia, Chocolate Liberation Front is an award-winning multi-platform entertainment company focused on the development and production of games, online content, television series and films. They are best known for their work on the animated series The Adventures of Figaro Pho as well as the Figaro Pho games, available on the App Store.
- Master the light: along your dark journey you’ll find four different powers, each designed to help you through the Driftlands. Destruction, Construction, Gravity and Time are yours to command. Master each unique light power in your dark journey through the Driftlands.
- Discover the origin of our accidental hero: Oscura wasn’t always the Driftland’s trusty lighthouse keeper. And he didn’t always have his flaming hand. Taking place before the previous Oscura games, Lost Light reveals where our hero’s journey began and the fate of the original light house keeper.
- Old school platforming meets new school design: taking inspiration from classic platformers such as Super Mario Bros, Oscura Lost Light combines these elements with a modern design aesthetic.
- Use your wits: the Driftlands aren’t for the feint hearted and Oscura’s not a fighter. You’ll need to out-think and outwit creatures such as the Lost Ones, Shagrims, Bewinged, Grymfus, Cursed Skulls and more. Just as challenging are the puzzles you must solve if you wish to survive.
- Confront evil: just when you think you’ve succeeded by collecting the shards of the Aurora Stone, you’ll need to face the ultimate challenge and restore the Lost Light … but beware … Mavro the Lord of Shadows awaits. Only by defeating Mavro can you save the Driftlands.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Surprise Attack Games
Surprise Attack Games is an independent games label based in Australia. It works with amazing creators to bring remarkable, weird and unique games to discerning players worldwide.
You may know them from the hacking game using real unix commands (Hacknet), the surveillance thriller series that puts you in the shoes of Big Brother (Orwell), the multiplayer split-screen shooter where everyone is invisible (Screencheat), or the dystopian steampunk mini-golf adventure game (Vertiginous Golf).
More information on Surprise Attack Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Oscura: Lost Light Credits
Managing Director, Surprise Attack Games
Business Development Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Community Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Finance Manager, Surprise Attack Games
PR Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Director, Surprise Attack Games
Chairman, Surprise Attack Games